Monday, March 16, 2009

Torpedo fish of Sungei Buloh


This is the most amazing discovery of my trip. I heard the splashes of fishes jumping out and back into the water while watching the otters. And when they kept doing it, I decided to wait for them with my camera in focus. I spend 20 minutes to shoot the fishes, trying to capture what my eyes could not see except a blur. Only at high shutter speed could the fish be frozen to give a clear picture of how they looked like.

And what did I get? Bluish torpedo looking fish shooting straight out of the water to great heights. Were they being chase by predators in the water or it was some kind of mating rituals? The enlarged photo shows a smaller fish biting the tail of the 'torpedo' fish. The torpedo fish is likely to be the grey mullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment